Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm just going to come out and say it: I'm blessed.
Really though, as I sit in my 90% unpacked room and think about my life, I am so thankful for the gifts that God has given me throughout my life, and over this last year...

1. Jesus. I wouldn't be able to do anything without Him. God is the reason why I feel blessed, and He continues to pour out His love to me through His son, and His grace. He gives me the courage to follow His will for me, and teaches me how to love unconditionally.

2. My immediate family. My dad still makes me laugh more than anyone I know, and I know it's hard for him to be so strong with all that he deals with on a regular basis. My mom is my biggest fan, and even though we don't get along, I know I can always count on her.. Even to run to Old Navy an hour before it closes on Thanksgiving :P. My sister is turning into the most beautiful woman. She's really coming into her own and I love her so much. I'm really going to miss her as she continues her second half of high school.

3. My friends. Holy moly. The friends I've made over the last 11 months, and the few I still have from high school continuously show me unconditional love. I love them all, and I know that they will always be by my side. They make me feel "normal" and less awkward :)

4. My distant family. I rarely see them, and today was the first time I saw some of them since Christmas. Some are going through awful times, and some have very different interests than me, but I know we all feel blessed to have each other. We may never see each other, but when I do see them, I feel like they never even left!

5. The roof over my head, the reliable car I drive, heating and air conditioning, etc. These are the little things we often look passed. Since college group on Sunday, I've really looked at all of my material possessions differently, and I'm so thankful to have these things.

6. My job at Starbucks. I am so lucky to have such a reliable job with coworkers and a manager that I enjoy working with. I spend a lot of my time at work, so it's nice to know I'm welcome. The discount doesn't hurt, either. I'd be extremely broke if I didn't have it.

7. My church. The people I've encountered at CCF have been nothing but wonderful. I love going to church on Sundays knowing that, even if I come by myself, I won't feel alone. They've accepted me with open arms, and continue to support me, and give me opportunities I could have never dreamed of.

8. ABC Family. They're playing amazing movies today. Beauty and the Beast gave me the chills, I DVR'd Snow White, and of course I sang every Mary Poppins song as it played.

9. Freedom of religion. Lately, it's been on my heart a LOT. Christians in other parts of the world are being KILLED for their faith, and others have to hide their Bibles. Living in the US gives me the freedom to be a Christian, and although I may be judged and/or tested, I'm lucky that's the extent of it.

The list goes on, and on, but that just about covers the basics.
I hope that everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving, and the holidays are as stressless as they can be!

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus"
-1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment