Tuesday, April 10, 2012

THERE IS HOPE!

How often do we feel alone? Like no one understands us, or even cares to understand? That people are going to leave us? That their love is conditional? That we just blend in and are never thought about?

I know I'm not the only one who has ever felt this way, or will ever feel this way. And it's devastating.

Last night I felt like my world had come crashing down on me. Since then I have felt all of these things. I didn't go to work, I didn't intern today, go to youth group, etc. I haven't gone anywhere today that hasn't allowed me to hide and escape from it all.

I wasn't running from anything. Sometimes things happen that are just so devastating to your heart and mind that being around people and carrying on with your responsibilities will ultimately be more of running away then being alone with your thoughts and trying to process it all.

Today I have spent the better half of the day talking to God, and He has continually been trying to remind me that He made me, loves me, was with me last night, and has been the whole time.

I didn't believe it until about an hour ago, when I started thinking about the character of who God is:
-God created me
-God loves me no matter what cruel things people might say to me.
-His love will never be conditional!
-He died so that I could live, and have a relationship with Him
-I will never be alone because He promised never to forsake me

And the list just goes on and on.

I still haven't processed it completely. My heart and head still hurt. But you know what? THAT'S OKAY! I am a child of God, and He loves me whether I am "acceptable" to the world or not, and He will literally never leave me.

That's all the hope any of us really need

No comments:

Post a Comment