Friday, July 9, 2010

Just! Do! It! Already!

Yesterday, I made a list of things I want/need to do in order to get my career going. I thought I'd make it public..

(There are still some tweaks that need to be made considering I'm not 100% sure about it all. I still need to talk to an advisor about my major(s))

1. Change major -> Double in Theatre and English
2. Study EVERY area of theatre
3. Get involved with community and school theatre
4. Write for small columns or editorials
5. Study abroad! -> In an extremely cultured area of Ireland, preferably.
6. Build up resume for both writing and theatre
7. Internships in NYC
8. Graduate with a degree in Theatre, and in English
9. Get masters in Theatre Production or Journalism (have to figure out which one will be more beneficial)
10. Be happy :)

Hopefully that will all help me make a living as an Artistic Director and a part-time writer :)


Any advice? PLEASE let me know. I'd really love to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. You've got to work at it. It's going to be hard, because you don't have a background in it. Speaking as someone who is close friends with a lot of the theatre community...here, in Amarillo....it's hard enough to break into getting involved.

    You've got to fight for it, you know? You've got to take baby steps everywhere. I think you can do it. It's just going to take time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely willing to work my butt off! Thanks Amber :)

    ReplyDelete