Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Little Bit About Me

I started this blog because I love to write. It's always been fun for me. Although I would absolutely love to have a following, I'm not expecting to get many readers, so this is just going to be my outlet, of sorts. Somewhere down the line, I hope my posts will help someone, but that's just wishful thinking.

So who am I other than Tayler with an 'e' instead of an 'o' in her name? I'm 18 years old, and I just finished my first year of college. I live with my parents, younger sister, and three kitties.

I am a proud Christian, and am madly in love with Jesus Christ, but I haven't always been that way. I will mention my religious beliefs periodically, as it has helped me through hard times and will continue to do so, but I will do it in an appropriate manner, and won't shove it down anyone's throat. Promise.

I have a passion for all things art; theatre, writing, music, visual art, etc. I just can't help but be happy when I'm reading a good book, watching/listening/talking/learning about a good musical, or writing about things that I enjoy talking about. With this, I'm still learning, but I'll come back to that in a later post.

I tend to go against the norm, and unique is not a word too far fetched from the kind of person I am. I constantly find new things about myself that I think, "Yep, that makes sense. It definitely adds to you wanting to be different, Tayler." And that's the thing, I embrace the difference. In fact, I love it.

I try to appreciate everything that I can, and focus on the little things in life. After all, to me, caring for someone is finding little ways to show that you're thinking about them and that you pay attention to theirs likes and desires. (I figured out that that is my 'love language').

I try to read people the best that I can, and lighten moods. People say that I'm funny, but I just think of it as me trying not to be too serious all the time. If I can get a laugh or two out of someone, I can't help but laugh with the person. This is not because I think I'm funny, but because I believe that laughter is contagious, and also because it's extremely satisfying knowing that you made someone happy just by being you... And that's something to smile and laugh about.

And that's another thing about me, I try to make people happy. My loved ones are very important to me, and I care about other peoples' feelings, whether I know them personally or not. But, it's not always a good thing. Sometimes I get too invested in someone, and end up forgetting about my own feelings in order to make the other person happy. I'm trying to find a happy medium, here, and in a lot of other areas in my life. Rarely is life just 'black and white.' Sometimes that's hard to remember.

Don't get me wrong, I have made PLENTY of mistakes in my life, and hurt others, but, I can guarantee you that I have those in my mind haunting me, and that in my process of maturing, I'm learning how to handle situations better, causing less pain to other people (minus the pain that is obviously out of my control and comes with life, of course).

I mean, hey, you live and you learn, and you're here to grow constantly, in one way or another, right? At least, that's what I think.

Well, I think that shall do for now. I will elaborate on a lot of these complex qualities of mine in future posts, and you will start to learn more about my personality as we go (including the quirky parts), but these are the ones that seemed most important to get a grasp of who I am, and who I will be as a writer. If anyone is reading this, I'm glad to have you aboard, and a part of my journey, and I hope you enjoy my blogs! :)



Tayler

P.S. I started this blog out of inspiration from my friend's sister. If you're looking for a great blog to read, I highly suggest this.

No comments:

Post a Comment