Sunday, August 5, 2012

from Cali to Missouri in 4 long days

So you know a little bit about me being here at my new home, but I know if you're reading this you must be dying to hear about the glorious road trip I got to take to get here ;)

I may sound like I'm being somewhat sarcastic, but in reality... it was so much fun!

Sunday morning I left bright and early to drive down to Long Beach. After a quick stop in Beverly Hills to get my beloved Sprinkles cupcakes one last time, I got to my Aunt's house in LB around 12:30pm. I got to hang out with my cousin all day, eat a delicious home-cooked meal, and watch the olympics.*

I tried to get a decent amount of sleep before I started the legit drive on Monday morning.

Woke up around 7am, had coffee and conversation with my Aunt then headed to the airport to pick up Steven. After enlightening Steven on all things good (Sprinkles and In N Out) we said goodbye to California! Monday was a pretty short drive, and we got to our campground reservation in Utah early that evening. Oh, and guess what...

...IT WAS RAINING!

I've never set up a tent in my life (I grew up a sheltered child ;)) so trying to help set up something so foreign to me in the rain actually made me feel like I was more in the way than anything.. Thankfully, I had Steven to handle all things manly that week so he deserves all credit for us staying dry once we got inside the tent.

Tuesday morning we woke up to sun and headed out to Colorado! Might I say day 2 was, by far, the prettiest drive of all (dang you Nevada and western Kansas). Driving through Vail was unbelievable, and it made paying $3.95 per gallon for gas almost worth it... Almost. We got to our destination at 6pm and were greeted by our favorite little girls ever and their equally as amazing parents. Staying at the Henderson's was SO much fun! They were on project with us, and Kelly was actually the awesome lady who discipled me throughout the summer. They were so sweet to open up their home to us and made me feel right at home. I must say it didn't hurt that we got to watch the USA women's gymnastics team and Michael Phelps win gold medals either :)

On Wednesday we didn't leave quite as early as we had originally planned because we obviously had to get some trampoline and Wii time in! We headed out around 10:30am and drove straight on through to our final destination of Kansas City, Missouri! It was so incredibly exciting to drive up to my new home with two wonderful friends waiting for us on the porch! What troopers for helping me unload my STUFFED car and chatting with us until about midnight.

I didn't think I could have that much fun in a car for 26 hours, but I really did! And I have been having "project reunions" pretty much ALL week long. I know I probably said this already, but it's just been such a great week with even greater friends!

Okay, I'm done rambling now :)



*If you know me well enough, you know I'm a crazy olympic fan and refuse to not know what's going on. Because my trip took place during the first week of the games, I downloaded 4 different apps on my phone to keep up. Phelps fo lyfe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment