Friday, February 24, 2012

Life Changes?

I so wish I blogged more! But, alas, I feel like I don't have enough time to even THINK about my life lately, so it would seem impossible to blog about it...

Which brings me to my slightly-vague blog post of today (and this month :P):

My overwhelming, unhealthy, I-need-changes, life.

What do you do when you KNOW God is calling you to something GREAT, and has been calling you to something just as great for over a year, but can't devote the time necessary because of something else in your life?

I'm really thinking about making some life changes, but these aren't just minor changes.. This would be HUGE! (and Im freaking out, by the way)

It's been an emotional few months, and an extra emotional few days.

There comes a time when you must look at your life, and see how unhealthy you are emotionally and spiritually and fix it.

My great friend/mentor L.J. said to me the other day, "Sometimes it's not about how much you're doing, but WHAT you're doing."

I need to be doing things that are life GIVING, not life SUCKING.

Now, that's easier said than done, but it's safe to say I know one huge thing in my life that just doesn't seem to fit in anymore. And it's controversial, because it's an importance in my life, and, well, helps me "survive."

But I honestly see God calling me other places now, and what am I supposed to do? Have this idol in my life because society says I need it and it's scary to move on from it? Or do I listen to my God, the God who knows me and is supposed to be in control of my life, and follow what He's calling me to?

I'm about 95% sure this is a God thing, but IT'S SCARY to think of it as that! I'm very blessed that God has provided me with some people in my life who are supporting me, and only question it because they want to make sure that I'm going to be okay without this thing in my life.

So if you're reading this, I could absolutely use prayer right now. Specifically in the areas of wisdom, and closeness to God, and that I'll really trust what He's telling me and do whatever it is that He wants, not society.


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."
-Proverbs 3:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment