Thursday, February 24, 2011

Failure.

Being a new believer is tough, but I wasn't quite aware of that until recently. My old self had many struggles that my new self would never even think twice about, but God has made me notice a past struggle that seems to be trying to creep it's way back into my life: The fear of failure.

Lately, I've been so afraid of failing and of what other people think that I've been holding myself back.

I stayed here (in Fresno) in order to try new ministry opportunities that cause me to step outside of my comfort zone, and here I am taking steps backwards just because I'm afraid of doing something wrong.

Someone once told me that the best advice they ever got was,
"You are going to fail so stop trying not to. God is big enough to use our failures for greatness."

So why am I so afraid of failing?

Any reason I come up with isn't good enough. God doesn't care if I succeed or fail because I'm at least making an attempt, and an effort to glorify Him.

I'm stepping back out of my comfort zone, risking humiliation and failure, because not only will He make something great out of it, but because He's worth it.

"Let me hear of Your unfailing love each morning,
for I am trusting You.
Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to You"

-Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment