Saturday, September 4, 2010

Worry-Wart

A few days ago, I wrote a journal entry about something that was on my heart: Worrying. I read through it today and decided to post it to the internet.

Worrying: 8/31
"Lately, I've been worrying a lot. Last night, after a long night at work, I was stressed. All of a sudden I felt this overwhelming amount of comfort. It was as if God was trying to tell me that it's okay, and that He will take my burdens. He wanted me to sleep, and prepare for the next day.

I always try to remember that if I'm worried, and feel like, "Okay God, help me out! Why aren't you doing anything?" it just means that He's not worried so I shouldn't be either. :)"

I also posted a couple verses that really helped me 'feel the love'

Matthew 6:25-27: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Isn't there more to life than food and more to the body than clothing? Look at the birds in the sky: They do not sow, or reap, or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you more valuable than they are? And which of you by worrying can add even one hour to his life?"

Matthew 11:28: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

I've had Matthew 11:28 in my head all week, and I really find it a huge comfort in my current life. I needn't be such a worry-wart :P
___________________________________________________

In other news, I FINALLY finished The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! I laughed, I cried, and I fell in love with Aslan. Such a wonderful book. I can't wait to read the rest!

2 down, 5 to go..

Next up: The Horse and His Boy

2 comments:

  1. I am also a worrier. So much so that I wrote a book on it, filled with Scripture, affirmations, and prayers, to see if doing the research would help. Indeed, it does. But I'm a work-in-progress. So I go back to THE WORRYWART'S PRAYER BOOK often. I also have a blog (and I worry that I don't keep it current enough), called THE WORRYWART'S CORNER, and a Facebook worrywart's page. I'm much better than I used to be, but still fall prey to silly worries.

    The one thing I've learned, though, is that worrying is a choice. You can choose to worry, or choose not to....to do something to get yourself off the worry-go-round and stop wasting time.

    Suffice it to say, you'll not alone. And God knows you (we) struggle with worry. And He wants to help. Here are two more verses that help me:

    When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19
    God is our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea. Psalm 46:1,2

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are perfect thoughts to share to a youth group ;)

    ReplyDelete