Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thank You, Jesus

I've been in a pretty bad place lately, spiritually speaking.

Things have been going on in my life over the last month or so, hours have been longer and more rigorous at work, and I've just been extremely burnt out.

I wish I could go into detail about the struggles I've been dealing with, but they're better left unsaid.

Just know I've been in a standstill with my relationship with God, and in all honesty, I've been so exhausted that I haven't even felt bad about it.

Well, the last week or two has been extremely hard because it's all been brought to the surface; The spiritual halt, the exhaustion, the disrespect I've ignored, the CLUTTER, the anxiety, etc.. It's almost like it all just slapped me in the face, and all of a sudden I've just felt so awful! The worst part hasn't even been the fact that things have been affecting ME negatively, but that I've been NEGLECTING God.

Who do I think I am to just turn my face away from God and concern myself with my "troubles?"

So today I finally put it to an end. I went out, turned off my phone, and just worshipped Jesus.

I wrote, and prayed, and listened to worship songs.. But most importantly I vowed to bring myself back to the One constant in my life.



So Jesus,

You are such a beautiful, caring God. I am so undeserving of your unconditional love that you continue to pour out to me. I turned away from you in order to receive glory for myself, and You still welcomed me back with open arms.

I love You so much Jesus, and pray that I can not only show others my love for You, but show You just how much I love You by bringing You glory in everything I do. I can't do anything without You Jesus, and I was an absolute fool for thinking I could.

You amaze me everyday.

Love,
The lost, and broken girl who loves You more than she's been showing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment